B&B Paris Hosting Quality Charter
Our charter guarantees quality accommodations. B&Bs are held by Parisian hosts in their family home. They are not tourism or hotel trade professionals. Their motivation is the pleasure of welcoming people into their home and developing multicultural exchanges.
1. The Host
• The host speaks some English (the vocabulary necessary for the service at a minimum), and if possible other foreign languages. The host also speaks perfect French.
• The host provides a friendly reception to the visitor and offers a private room in his home.
• The host likes Paris and is happy to give tourist information, as well as his personal tips, to help the visitor to discover the capital. The host likes multicultural contacts and does not discriminate in any way.
• The host gives his guest the door key as well as the necessary entrance codes come and go as he pleases.
2. The Guest Room
• The guest room is comfortable and welcoming. Its size is no less than 10 sq.m.
• It is perfectly clean, with the bed in an excellent condition.
• Each room, correctly ventilated or heated, has at least one window providing an acceptable light source.
• The bed is composed of a base and a mattress measuring 80 x 190 cm for one person, 70 x 190 cm for twin beds and at least 140 x 190 cm for a double bed. Should those dimensions be smaller they will be clearly specified in the room description.
• A sofa-bed may be provided as an optional extra bed if the size of the room allows it.
• The guest room has its own cupboard space and a bedside lamp.
• Blankets, quilts, bedspreads and pillows are clean and in good condition.
• Sheets and pillowcases are changed at least every 4 days and after each visitor.
• The wall and floor coverings are in good condition.
• Each host guarantees appropriate quiet both day and night.
3. The Bathroom
• The bathroom is either shared or private. It is indicated as such.
• The bathroom is composed of at least a sink and a bath or a shower.
• All the elements are clean and in perfect working order.
• The bathroom linen (bath towel and hand towel) is changed at least every 4 days and after each visitor.
• The facilities are cleaned every day if they are shared and every 4 days if they are private.
• One bathroom is shared by 6 people maximum (hosts included).
4. The Breakfast
• Carefully served by the host, the French-style family breakfast includes at least coffee or tea, milk, fresh bread, butter and a jams.
• The family table is accessible for breakfast either in the living room or the kitchen.